Sunday 11 February 2007

Small update

Ok just a short update about my progress so far.

I've just finished programming my map editor an hour ago. It's not a user friendly editor (it isn't meant to be public, but I may release it if I feel an interest in it), but a simple editor that enables me to build the maps needed for the game. The map file contains all the data needed for a level except a description (which is going to be a simple textfile).

With the editor done, I'm hoping to start implementing the game tomorrow. However I'll have to do some reading for the university first + solving some execises, so I don't know how much time I'll have to work on my gam :-(

But then again it shouldn't take me more than 20 minutes to make the game load and display a map, so perhaps I'll be able to post some screenies tomorrow or at least in a couple of days.

Well, I better go to sleep now. I'll have to get up at nine (yeah that's in the middle of the night) so I'll better get some sleep, or I'll never be able to do my reading, and wont start programming before I've read 4!!!!!!! chapters.

See Ya. <-- ugly slang

No comments:

Post a Comment