Sunday 4 February 2007

Now in English

Ok, so I'm going to switch over to English because I might as well make good use of this blog, and the only thing I can think off that will make this blog usefull, is me writing about which projects I'm working on at this moment.

So 2 big things has my focus right now. The first is that tomorrow I will start on 2 new courses at the University. I've haven't looked much into it, but I believe I'm going to study OS and Algebra. I hate to think about my studies, so I'm just gonna meet at DIKU* about 11-12, buy some books (hope I have enough money) and the see what it is I'm supposed to study.
The other thing I'm thinking about, which is way more important, is the annual Pascal Game Development Contest at PGD. I've signed up for participation and is hopefully going to finish the game on time. This years theme is 'Multiplexity'. It basically just means that you have to make a game that combines at least 2 genre from a list. I'm going to combine Turnbased Tactical Strategy with Light Gun. At this moment I'm not going to write a lot about it, but I'm planning on using this blog to post progress on how my game is evolving. It's not going to be the next blockbuster game (keep in mind this is a one-man project so far, and I'm not a superman at programming anyways, yet), but hopefully it'll be playable and show that games can indeed be made in Pascal.

So what more can I say? Keep watching this blog. I'm planning on releasing the first info about my game on friday (Perhaps even before if I get borred with DIKU*)


*In case you don't know what DIKU is, it stands for Datalogisk Institut Københavns Universitet which means Copenhagens University's department for Computer Science or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment